Sunday, 15 February 2015

Recycling Project!

Hope your all having a beautiful Sunday!

This past week I took to a little upcycle project and reused some empty tins.   First they were thoroughly washed by hand, then put thru the dishwasher.  I really needed a holder for all my pencils, markers, sissors and bits and bobs.   If you have tried such a project please share with me!!!  I do love my turquoise.......   Here is my process.
 Washed and thoroughly dryed old cans
 2 good coats of SiCo evolution paint
 It took days to dry
 then I tried different placements
till I had the one that would work for me
 next was gathering lace, ribbon, jute......
a glue gun was used to adhere embellishments
a sharpie marker was used on the jute
I tried different placements, till I had the look I wanted
 a thin bead of glue was all that was needed
E6000 glue could also be used for this project, 
but drying time is longer
 I only used a short tin cause I wanted that for clips
 a tiny brown button was glued inside the big blue button
bits of string pearls and crinkle seam binding add accents
 a little heart charm was hung in a bare spot 
it is framed nicely with frayed jute
 Buttons, jute, lace and a key charm add character
all of my favourite things
I really cannot wait to get all the stuff in one place on my craft table
I am hoping this will make me more organized
Share your thoughts,  I would love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment